Basic Body Awareness Therapy – changes in physical and mental health of traumatised
refugees – a pilot study
2. Project period:
01-02-2012 – 01-11-2012
Kajsa Stade Aarønæs, MD
- Signe Skammeritz, MD (CTP)
- Jessica Carlsson Lohmann, MD, PhD (CTP)
- To explore the compliance, acceptability and treatment satisfaction using group BBAT in
- To examine whether the BBAT treatment of traumatised refugees alter patients’ somatic
symptoms, pain and quality of motion.
- To examine whether the BBAT treatment of traumatised refugees alter patients’ symptoms
of PTSD and depression, anxiety, quality of life and functional level.
6. Number of patients:
7. Dissemination of results
“After all the traumas my body has been through, I feel good that it is still working.” – Basic BodyAwareness Therapy for traumatised refugees