CNDR are looking for a neuropsychologist for a 3-year position as PhD student
Are you a neuropsychologist with clinical psychiatric experience and research experience in affective disorders? And would you like to investigate cognitive side effects of treatment with ECT against severe depression? Then it may be you we are looking for a PhD program at the Center for Neuropsychiatric Depression Research.
The PhD student will be affiliated with CNDR. CNDR is a multidisciplinary research center located at the Psychiatric Center Glostrup, which deals with research into the affective disorders. Based on Image-forming techniques (MR) and neuropsychological tests, we work to create new knowledge about especially the severe depression and thus contribute to the development of new therapies. The center is led by Professor Poul Videbech. We have a strong collaboration with researchers from a number of other centers under the Capital Region of Denmark and Copenhagen University Hospital as well as from the rest of Denmark and abroad.
What can we offer:
- You will enter into a dynamic research environment with many PhD students, postdocs, senior researchers and research nurses
- Research training, including training in a number of exciting research methods, which, even after completing the research position, will be of great value in the clinical work within eg. psychiatry
- Participation in Danish and international congresses
- National and international cooperation, including later opportunities for study stays and/or study visits to international business partners
- Skilled guidance and support throughout the process
- Hard work - but it's worth it.
Your professional qualifications:
- You are an authorized psychologist (cand.psych.) With clinical psychiatric experience
- You have published research in international journals
- You have experience with MRI and analysis of MRI data
- You have teaching experience
- You master co-operation on a cross-cutting basis
- You must be knowledgeable about psychopathology, neuropsychology, causal relationship to the development of depressive symptoms - as well as examining brain function in this disease, as well as the relation to other factors.
- As part of the studies, you will perform psychopathological assessments and neuropsychological tests
- For the sake of the psychopathological assessments and neuropsychological tests, it is also a requirement that you speak and write fluent Danish.
- Very good English language skills (written as well as oral).
It should be noted that we have a suitable candidate for the position.
Salary and employment:
Salary according to agreement. The position is 3-years with 3 months of probation. Hiring as soon as possible or by appointment.
One of the goals of the Capital Region's personnel policy is equal treatment regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, disability or religion. This is ensured, among other things, through the employment and education policy.
Applicants must be prepared for references to be obtained.
You can read more about the department at www.psykiatri-regionh.dk/cndr/
. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Professor Poul Videbech on tel. +45 3864 0442.
Job interviews will take place on 25 and 26 July 2019.
The application deadline is Sunday, July 21, 2019.
Your application must contain a motivated application, a CV containing information on university degree, average of examinations, previous appointments with information on previous research experience and publication list, copy of diplomas.