Professor Poul Videbech
The Center for Neuropsychiatric Depression Research is led by Professor and consultant in psychiatry Poul Videbech. In his research Poul Videbech especially focuses on severe depressions. By means of MRI scans as well as neuropsychiatric and psychological methods, he studies how treatments for depression can be individualized and improved.
Curriculum Vitae for Poul Videbech
- 2005: Doctoral Thesis (DMSc), Aarhus University; “Towards a Neurobiology of major depression. Structural and functional cerebral abnormalities”
- 1992: Specialist in psychiatry by The National Board of Health
- 1983: MD in medicine from Aarhus University
- 2015-: Professor and consultant, Center for Neuropsychiatric Depression Research, Mental Health Center Glostrup
- 2013-2015: Professor and consultant, Dept. Q, Aarhus University Hospital, Risskov (AUHR)
- 2007-2013: Professor, Director of clinical research department at Center for Psychiatric Research, AUHR
- 1997-2007: Consultant, Dept. for Biological Psychiatry, AUHR
- 1990-1997: Senior registrar, AUHR
- Approved by the Danish Psychiatric Society as a supervisor in psychotherapy
- Chairman of the Danish Psychiatric Society between 2006 and 2008
- Chairman of the Danish Depression Database under the Danish Regions since 2009
- Chairman of sub-committee for the Council of Expensive Hospital Medicine (Rådet for Dyr Sygehusmedicin) (RADS) with focus on antidepressants
- Appointed member of Retslægerådet by Her Majesty the Queen in 2013
- Reviewer for scientific journals such as American journal of Psychiatry, Archives of General Psychiatry, Archives of Women’s health, Biological Psychiatry, European Neuropsychopharmacology, Human Brain Mapping, Psychopharmacology, Acta Psykiatrica Scandinavica, Pharmacopsychiatry, Journal of Psychiatric Research and Acta Obstetrica et Gynaecologica
- Member of scientific associations such as the Danish Psychiatric Society, the Danish Society for Biological Psychiatry, The World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (WFSBP), Scandinavian College of Neuro-psycho-pharmacology (SCNP) and AEP
- Beijing, China (2015): Main supervisor on the project "Olfaction in depressed patients undergoing wake-therapy"
- Oxford, UK (2015): Participation in the project "Treatment of mothers with postnatal depression to improve child outcome: uncovering behavioural and brain mechanisms of action"
- Oslo, Norway (2013): Reviewer for the Research Council of Norway
- Since 2013, I have held several seminars in Neuropsychiatry in Beijing, China, for the Sino-Danish Centre for Education and Research; the Danish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education, in collaboration with the Chinese Academy of Sciences
No e-mail has been registred for this user/group