The organisation consists of:
- 8 Mental health centers (each serve a catchment area) providing
- 1 Mental health centre for child and adolescent mental health services
- Inpatient units
- Outpatient clinics
- Outreach services
The senior management at each center consists of three lead functions – a center manager, a clinical lead and a head of care and development.
The center manager has the overall and final managerial responsibility, while the clinical lead is responsible for the medical treatment of patients. The head of care and development is in charge of areas such as nursing and quality improvement.
The overall goal of the mental health services in the capital region is to provide better treatment for more patients. In the mental health services in the capital region, we have an ambition to develop an improvement culture, where everyone works to continuously improve treatment and collaborate on common goals.
Being a hospital with an improvement culture implies that it is a natural part of our daily work to engage in continuous, systematic improvements in processes and quality. Improvements that add value to our patients.
In line with establishing an improvement culture, the hospital has made a handbook, aimed at employees in leadership positions. The book is intended as a tool helping all persons in leadership positions with the methods of improvement work, with using these methods in daily work, and with understanding why it is that we are working with continuous, systematic improvements.
Key activity figures (2014):
- 46,568 patients in treatment
- 544,939 outpatient appointments
Key capacity figures (2015):
- 1,176 inpatient beds
- 13 community mental health teams
- 23 assertive outreach teams
- 8 mental health care of older people teams
- 12 early intervention in psychosis teams
- 37 outpatient clinics
Key resources (2015):
- Approx. 4,400 staff (full-time equivalent)
- $ 433 mill. / £ 287 mill.
The mental health services in the capital region provide treatment to approx. 32 % of all patients in Denmark with a mental illness.
Managing Director: Martin Lund - email@example.com
Assistant Director: Peter Treufeldt - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director: Anne Hertz - email@example.com
We treat patients with the following diagnosis:
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders, and
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
We also have expertise in:
- Organic mental health problems
- Crisis and catastrophic psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Suicidality prophylaxis
- Forensic psychiatry
- Psychiatric rehabilitation
- Mental retardation and psychiatric disorder
- Psychosis and abuse