We have shown that
- First episode depression develops in an interaction between polymorphisms in the genes encoding the serotonin transporter and stressful life events.
- First episode depression develops in an interaction between polymorphisms in the genes encoding the brain derived neutrophic factor (BDNF) and stressful life events.
- No main effects of either the genetic polymorphisms or stressful life events on the outcome of antidepressants treatment.
- Within 5 years of first episode depression 80% obtain remission, 30% experience recurrence of depression and 8.6% convert to bipolar disorder.
- Recurrence increase with severity and treatment resistance of the first depression, and conversion to bipolar disorder with treatment resistance, a family history of affective disorder and co-morbid alcohol or drug abuse.
Der er ikke registreret en emailaddresse for brugeren/gruppen
Publiceringsdato: 27-08-2020 00:43